Ward Miles – First Year |

November 01st, 2013
Tags: Baby,Mother,Nationwide Children's Hospital,NICU,Nurses,Preemie

A year from yesterday Ward came home
32 years from today his mother was born

I made this for both of these special days as a surprise for his mother, Lyndsey

This is a story of a mother’s love for her baby…

Many of you have not seen Ward like this. You have seen pictures. You have read a lot of posts. But, I think this video will show just how small he was when he was born, and how sick he was. I didn’t hold back when editing. I didn’t just include cute clips. There are some nasty moments. The reason being, I wanted people to see how bad he looked, so that when they look at him today they get a better sense of how far he has come. It is truly a miracle and we thank God daily for getting him to where he is!

I also want to thank all the doctors, nurses, and staff all over the world that make it their life’s mission to help babies get better! It’s because of you that my son ever stood a chance to make it home!

Song: ‘Happiness’ by The Fray
itunes.apple.com/us/album/happiness/id303384700?i=303384713

• LMA

I worked in the NICU for over 15 years and this is the first film that beautifully shows what we do, why we do it and what a parent must go through too. Thank you!

( November 20, 2013 10:31 am )
  • Carter

THIS is one of the best "here's-a-glimpse-at-what-it's-like" videos that I've seen. My wife and I had triplets at 25 weeks. (Lost one of our daughters after 4 mos., but after 211 days in the NICU, we brought our twins home.) They'll be 2 in January. Very well done, and best to you and your family.

( November 20, 2013 05:29 pm )
  • admin

Thank you both for the kind words! I am glad that this video is able to catch all the emotions, both positive and negative, that mothers feel when they have a child in the NICU. Carter, so happy to hear that the twins are doing well! I am sure that the hope of meeting the third triplet one day is what keeps you going sometimes! Thank you for the kind words... I wish you and your family all the best!

( November 20, 2013 09:58 pm )
  • Susie

Your video touched my heart.. Your love for them both is to be applauded. It is uplifing to see the happy ending for your family. Little Ward was truly blessed to be given the will to be a fighter and survivor. Wishing your family many blessings as you travel life's road together.

( November 21, 2013 05:24 pm )
  • Kris

I stumbled on this video featured on yahoo and OMG, it made my cry, broke my heart and made me laugh. As if Ward was not a gift enought to come home on his mother birthday, she has an incredible loving gift from her hubby to cherish and share with Ward later in life. What a blessing your lil boy is. Benjamin and Lyndsey, thank you for sharing such a private painful time in your lives for the world to see. As I read the article I learned you live not 10 minutes from me. If we are lucky to live in columbus when our youngest daughter marries, I am going to look you up. Bless you all.

( November 21, 2013 05:35 pm )
  • Amanda

Thank you so much for making this. My Ali was born exactly 3 months early, weighing a hefty 2 pounds 10 ounces. She spent exactly 3 months in the NICU and came home on her due date this year. Every second of this video was a memory for me. I would really love to download or purchase a copy of it to show Ali when she's old enough. Like you said, the pictures don't show what they/we really went through. This was beautiful!

( November 21, 2013 05:50 pm )
  • Ellen Jervis

Today, actually about one hour ago I found the link to your film about Ward, which was extraordinary by the way. I dug deeper and found your Vimeo site and explored more of your films and then explored some more and landed on your blog. I found your first post where you wrote: "I can’t wait to look back to this point 5 years from now, and see how much has changed. It’s going to be a wild ride Here is to the next 5 years……" Five years is coming up very soon. I think you have accomplished some great things. I hope you are feeling that. Your an artist I will keep an eye on because I am loving your work. So happy I discovered it today. Blessings to you and your family. May you continue to grow as an artist and enjoy every moment of it.

( November 21, 2013 07:02 pm )
  • LeeAnn

Gorgeous...what a beautiful, amazing, and moving look into your lives. Well done Benjamin. Many blessings to you all.

( November 21, 2013 07:14 pm )
  • Jim

A truly BEAUTIFUL and inspiring video.

( November 21, 2013 07:30 pm )
  • admin

Ellen! Thank you so much! Happy you worked your way back to 'the beginning...' I actually sort of forgot about that. I am happy that you reminded me! This very well may be the biggest thing to happen to me in my entire life... and I am so happy it has to do with my son and wife :)

( November 21, 2013 09:25 pm )

Thank you LeeAnn!!!

( November 21, 2013 09:25 pm )
  • admin

Jim, thank you for the kind words! I am so happy you enjoyed it, and hope it brought some joy to you and your loved ones...

( November 21, 2013 09:26 pm )
  • admin

Amanda, thank you for writing! Thanks for sharing your story on here! Glad she made it back right on her due date :) Its crazy how many people have commented 'this was my life! this sums it up perfectly!' I would love to give you a copy. Email me via the 'contact me' section and I will send you a link!

( November 21, 2013 09:28 pm )
  • admin

Kris, so happy you found the video! I have a feeling most had the same emotions as you! I can not wait to share this with Ward when he is old enough to understand! Yep, we are in Columbus... look me up when that ring is purchased :)

( November 21, 2013 09:29 pm )
  • admin

Susie, thank you for all your kind words. I am glad that your heart was touched. Thank you again and again!!

( November 21, 2013 09:30 pm )
  • chris & nora

Your video is great. Amazing! I wish Ward the best this life has to offer. The courage shown by Ward is incredible. His will to survive is a direct reflection on his character and the love of his parents. I am so happy for you and your family. Really inspiring!

( November 21, 2013 09:59 pm )
  • Jennifer Parra

Simply beautiful talent and a joyous outcome into life...You not only captured a true moment in your lives, but the most precious of it all...your son's and your love for him...I thank you for sharing your story and I especially thank all the wonderful hospital staff for the miraculous work they do! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

( November 21, 2013 10:28 pm )
  • admin

Chris and Nora! Thank you so much for your kind words! Glad it was inspiring!

( November 21, 2013 10:47 pm )
  • admin

Jennifer, Thank you for writing! The love runs deep in the family. More than I could have ever imagined. I never knew love until I held Ward. Amazing. Thank you again.... and you are welcome!

( November 21, 2013 10:48 pm )
  • Leanne

What a beautiful portrail of a child born to soon. My son TJ was born at 25 weeks nearly 2.5 years ago on my birthday in Melbourne. What a gift! After 141 days in NICU and all the ups and downs of this roller coaster ride he is now a thriving mischievous cheeky little boy bursting with personality and charm. Your video made me cry not with sadness but with pride and happiness as it reminded me how strong they are, how much fight for life they have and how much love and strength we have as parents. I wish you and beautiful family love and happiness in life.

( November 21, 2013 11:32 pm )
  • Deborah Izaguirre

After much uncertainty, love and life triumphed There is no way to explain what a family living at the time but it's always so nice to know that you could get ahead and there will be many stories and anecdotes to tell Congratulations to the family and Ward is a beautiful baby From Uruguay , Montevideo

( November 22, 2013 07:52 am )
  • Alberto

Grazie Benjamin per questo bel momento che hai dato sulla rete web ;-) Un augurio a te e famiglia

( November 22, 2013 08:32 am )
  • Jen

That video is so amazing. I can't imagine how hard it was for you and Lyndsay to go through! But to see Ward grow into such a happy, healthy baby is very moving. My nephew was a preemie, and I remember being too afraid to hold him when I first saw him in the NICU and donated blood. (I did not have kids then...) He is now a tall, healthy, handsome, smart college sophomore and it's hard to believe he was ever so tiny! Best of luck and happiness to your family, and thanks for sharing!

( November 22, 2013 08:36 am )
  • Christopher Poindexter

That was awesome. Warmed my heart. may I asked what you shot that with? Was particularly interested in the shot towards the end with the low light. How'd you pull that off?

( November 22, 2013 11:02 am )
  • Lynn

Thank you for sharing your family's amazing journey. Ward is a beautiful little boy...but then you already knew that. :-) I have only a passing knowledge of life in a NICU, garnered when one of my twin sons spent the first 36 hours of his life there, just to receive a bit of assistance breathing with a CPAP. During those few hours spent visiting him in the NICU, I saw miracles happening all around me. I also saw the most amazingly dedicated staff, incredible medical technology, and most of all... the hand of God. May God continue to bless your wonderful family!

( November 22, 2013 11:56 am )
  • Jill

This is an amazing video. I am 31 years old and was born 3 months premature at 1lb 15oz. My parents didn't own a camera to document my journey, so this is inspiring for me to see. This video is amazing to watch; filled with strength, happiness and love. Ward is meant to be here and to have you and your wife as parents. :) thanks for sharing!

( November 22, 2013 12:23 pm )
  • Nancy Phan Fields

Benjamin, Lyndsey and Ward, I can't begin to tell you how much this video touched me. As a mother of 2 (5 year old daughter and 12 month old son), I felt your pain and your joy as he got better. He was and is beautiful! I sobbed not only because of the hard moments but because of how beautiful it was to see and "feel" the love of the video of not only Ward but for Lyndsey. Benjamin, you did a phenomenal job of capturing the beauty in life's difficult moments and made it clear that love can make the difficult moments more bearable. You showed up how important it is to enjoy every moment and to be present. I loved how you got his feet and his charms; the little things. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful and loving video. You have a beautiful family. That's what life is about. There's nothing better than to see your kids grow and thrive and to give them as much of your love as you can because you get so much more love back. I hope to see more of Ward and all 3 of you on your website. You have captivated us. I have a 12 month old son and wish he could have a playdate with Ward!!!! Take care. You guys seem like wonderful parents and Ward is truly lucky to be taken care of and loved by you. Best, Nancy

( November 22, 2013 02:16 pm )
  • Nancy Phan Fields

Like Amanda, Can I get the link to download your video? It's so beautiful! Keep us updated! I hope to see Ward doing all the things that make him happy! He's is precious!

( November 22, 2013 02:19 pm )
  • Josh

It is very hard for me to put into words what emotions this film invokes. I want to break down so hard that my jaw aches as I hold it back. The good Lord blessed me with this video. My son is 9 months old and every time I watch this I just want to squeeze him into. Thank you for making this. You have been blessed with an ability to show life in both videos and photos (I like the dreaming dog btw) and not just things. Beautiful life. That Ward fought hard to be here and I am so proud of that little guy.

( November 22, 2013 02:56 pm )
  • Tímea Buzder

My heart was falling apart and built up again during your video. Have a happiest life with your son! (Mother of 2 girls and a hungarian embryologist.)

( November 22, 2013 03:11 pm )
  • Anne-Laure

I think I have never watched a video like this one...never felt so many mixed emotions in only a few minutes! Sadness, happiness, pain for your son, his mother, endless hope, and love of course! So much love, but not only from the mother as you said...this short film could have never been so beautiful without all the love and delicate look you gave during all this time ! Don't you ever doubt of that. Wish the three of you all the best for the life to come! (I apologize in advance if I made English mistakes... Hello from France anyway! ;-) )

( November 22, 2013 03:22 pm )
  • Silvia

I´m a premie mom too; it´s incredible how life give us this present; wonderful no one knows how it is until you´re there.

( November 22, 2013 05:21 pm )
  • Samantha

My cousin was born at 26 weeks twenty years ago. Now she is at college. Life is a miracle. Wish Ward a healthy and beautiful life!

( November 22, 2013 05:49 pm )
  • ann

Lyndsey, Ben and Ward ~ I was in tears watching this beautiful story, so touching! He is so adorable! Thank you so much for sharing your personal experience with the world. I am so glad my husband found this and had my daughter (who is in college studying nursing) and I watch the video and read your story. Truly amazing! Ward is such a fighter, God Bless your family.

( November 22, 2013 06:12 pm )
  • Laura Fiorillo

Such a beautiful video. I know you're overwhelmed with the response but you've done something wonderful by sharing your story this way. Many people will be sharing it for a long time. Congratulations to you and your amazing wife on your incredible fighter of a son. Many years of happiness ahead for you all. On a personal note, as a photographer myself I know how important it is to document the not-so-glamorous moments of life. This certainly encompasses all things that we try to convey when we shoot (film or still). Amazingness. Thanks for the share<3

( November 22, 2013 06:54 pm )
  • Jennifer Warren

This is absolutely gorgeous - got me right in the feels. Watching your wife carefully moving the wires and tubes out of the way and holding Ward like he is the most precious miracle in the world brought back the most vivid memories of my first time holding our son, Oliver. I vividly remember always moving the wires, and hating them so so so much - but they were what was keeping our baby safe and alive. While our NICU journey was much shorter than yours (Oliver was born full term, but with a heart abnormality that was potentially life threatening - all is well now), it still evokes so much emotion and is such an accurate portrayal. The glimpses of the monitors, watching his chest go up and down - we used to just sit and stare for hours. Thank you so much for creating this... and bless his chubby little cheeks! <3 from Canada

( November 22, 2013 08:22 pm )
  • Dora

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful part off your life!!

( November 22, 2013 10:03 pm )
  • admin

Leanne! Thanks so much for the comment! Thanks for sharing. Hope all is well Down Under!

( November 22, 2013 10:30 pm )
  • admin

Deborah, Thank you for the thoughtful words! Well said!!

( November 22, 2013 10:31 pm )
  • admin

Thanks Dora! Happy to share!

( November 22, 2013 10:31 pm )
  • admin

Jennifer! Thanks for writing! Happy to hear Olive is well despite the heart issue! You are right on regarding the wires... I remember hating having to constantly have to move them. The day he was wire free was what I looked forward to most. So good to just pick your baby up, and not worry about him being on a 'leash' Hope all is well up NORTH :)

( November 22, 2013 10:35 pm )
  • admin

Laura, I truly appreciate you writing. Thanks so much. To think it will be shared for a long time makes me feel so humbled. To think I was a part in this story... just amazing. Thanks again!

( November 22, 2013 10:36 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Ann! So happy you got to see it!

( November 22, 2013 10:37 pm )
  • admin

Samantha. Make sure she sees this! Thank you for the wishes.... I really appreciate it.. and so does Ward!

( November 22, 2013 10:38 pm )
  • admin

Silvia, few people know what we went through. They have a glimpse now... but still don't see all the moments. Hope your child is doing well!!!

( November 22, 2013 10:39 pm )
  • admin

Anne! Your English is better than mine! Your comments were lovely, and I thank you for sharing them!

( November 22, 2013 10:40 pm )
  • admin

Timea, so happy the video touched your heart. Thank you for the kind words. I hope all is well in Hungary for you and the family!

( November 22, 2013 10:40 pm )
  • admin

Josh... we are so proud too! I get that same feeling in my jaw.... Squeeze your boy. Give him a hug from Ward and our family too! Glad you liked the video of Mc too!

( November 22, 2013 10:42 pm )
  • admin

Hope you were able to see the video! I think traffic killed it. I will try to keep everyone updated! Follow on Instagram 3enjamin5cot for photos on a weekly basis :)

( November 22, 2013 10:43 pm )
  • admin

Nancy. You are so nice! Thank you for everything you said. Would love to set up a play date haha! Ward loves kids. In fact... if we are in public we try to keep him from seeing them because if he sees one he will not stop until he has gotten closer! We kept half a plane up because there was a kid behind us he wanted to see and we wouldn't let him haha. I have a feeling you will be seeing more of us. Keep posted!

( November 22, 2013 10:45 pm )
  • admin

Jill... so happy that you are doing so well after all you and your family went through! Stories like yours warm our hearts because we know you have beaten it!

( November 22, 2013 10:49 pm )
  • admin

Lynn, Thank you for writing! You are dead on... the people working in those NICUs are amazing! So thankful God puts those passions in peoples hearts!

( November 22, 2013 10:51 pm )
  • admin

Chris! Thanks for viewing... glad you liked it! Shot on a 5D2. Are you referring to the shot of him drumming?

( November 22, 2013 10:51 pm )
  • admin

Jen! Thanks for the kind words! It seems that the preemies all end up being tall haha!

( November 22, 2013 10:53 pm )
  • admin

Alberto, I took 7 years of spanish. Wish I knew what you were saying. I am guessing it is positive.... so thank you :)

( November 22, 2013 10:54 pm )
  • Tammy Koonce

I had a 1 lb. 6 oz, (13 weeks early) baby. We only have pics, no video. This was heart warming and a reminder of what it was really like. Natalie was born 12 years ago and I remember the day I saw her face (without tape) for the first time. She was in the NICU for 4 months and 1 week. The doctors said she would never walk, always have a feeding tube, be blind, and have cerebral palsey. Today she is in the 7th grade, getting all good grades, and she swims competitively with Swimming USA. God is great and the mighty healer. Ward is going to be just fine.

( November 22, 2013 11:02 pm )
  • becca

This was such a moving video. I feel blessed and grateful that my kids were both born healthy on time- something I took for granted. Your video really provided a window into what this it is like. What it must have felt like- incredibly moving. Watched it twice and cried both times. I feel I can be more empathetic and more grateful as a result. wonderful job. Sidenote- your little boy is totally adorable....his baby blues- the LIGHT part...the drums...the laughing...simply adorable! So happy that all is well and thanks again for sharing your triumphant story!

( November 22, 2013 11:42 pm )
  • Jennifer W.

You made me cry! Our son was born at 30 weeks with a level 3 and 4 brain bleed, so this hit very close to home. We are 17 months and trying to figure out crawling too! This is a beautiful, beautiful video. Thank you for sharing. We are wishing your family all the best!

( November 22, 2013 11:58 pm )
  • Marilena García

Am Venezuelan... I don´t speak english... Encontré este video publicado en Facebook, a través de un enlace a CNN Latino. Realmente me hizo llorar. Ward Miles es un milagro de Dios... Que el Cielo y la Tierra lo colmen de infinitas bendiciones para que sea un niño inmensamente feliz al lado de ustedes. Gracias por compartir un año en la vida de Ward... Un abrazo para ustedes...

( November 23, 2013 07:49 am )
  • Laure

A very beautiful film full of hope. Congratulations

( November 23, 2013 08:52 am )
  • ITZEL CAMACHO

Infinitamente los felicito, por ser tan fuertes y demostrarle a su bebe cuanto lo anhelaban, eso le dio fuerza también a el.. esta hermoso su bebe cuídenlo mucho. FELICIDADES DESDE MEXICO.

( November 23, 2013 08:57 am )
  • zio_freddy

Working as a doctor in the NICU of a Pediatric Hospital in Rome Italy I know how much we do for these babies but I think that the family's love is the most important medical treatment. They feel every day their family love. Thank you for the fantastic statement that will help many mothers and fathers to live with hope their days in the Intensive Care!

( November 23, 2013 12:33 pm )
  • admin

Thank you for the kind words! My 7 years of spanish training helped me understand about half of that :) Milagro de Dios is all I needed to see!

( November 23, 2013 12:35 pm )
  • admin

Gracias! Thanks for writing via MEXICO!

( November 23, 2013 12:36 pm )
  • admin

Gracias! Thanks for writing via MEXICO!

( November 23, 2013 12:36 pm )
  • admin

Thank you! I hope all is well for you and your fellow doctors and nurses in Rome!!!

( November 23, 2013 01:10 pm )
  • Marilena García

I found this video published in Facebook, across a link to CNN in Spanish. Really it made me cry. Ward is a God's miracle... That the Sky and the Earth fulfil with infinite benedictions in order that he is an immensly happy child next to you. Thank you for sharing one year in Ward's life... An embrace for you... My message translated into the Englishman... Regards from VENEZUELA

( November 23, 2013 01:36 pm )
  • Kortnie

I had my son a day after my due date and had to have an emergency c section due to him not moving and his heart rate dropping. When he was born he was not breathing and was covered in poop because at some point he pooped and swallowed it. He was taken away and I wasn't able to see him til 2 hours after he was born. He was in the NICU, cords everywhere and hooked up to a cpap, and he was just laying there. We found out the next day that he had a seizure an hour after he was born. A couple days later, we found out after an MRI was done on his brain, that he had a global brain injury (complete and full brain injury) due to a lack of oxygen for a long time. His whole brain was affected and we had no idea how long he was going to be with us. We were in the NICU for the first 2 1/2 weeks of his life and then we finally got to go home. He is now a month and a half old and still is on a feeding tube because he has no gag reflex and can't protect his airway. He can breath on his own now so we only have to have him on an apnea monitor to make sure he doesn't stop breathing. Every day we go through life not knowing when he will leave us or what is going to happen that day. He still has mini seizures so he is on medicine for that. Seeing this video showed everything we had to go through and see while we were in the NICU. Every emotion we felt holding our son for the first time, also 4 days after he was born. But we take it day by day and enjoy every day we have with our son. My husband is also in the army national guard and luckily his deployment was cancelled and he is able to enjoy the time we have with our son. I'm so happy your child is doing so well. I wish you guys the best.

( November 23, 2013 02:17 pm )
  • admin

Kortnie. Your words cut to my core. I feel for you so bad. I will be praying. Best of luck... and God Bless!

( November 23, 2013 02:58 pm )
  • sheril

Thank you for this. My twins were born almost 14 years ago. When they were born, i was given a 5% chance they would survive.... We did about a year between NICU and PICU and oxygen and feeding tubes until one was 4. This video brought me back. I cried at my memories and how hard it is and for all those lost dreams at first....but now, they will be 14 next week and I am so thankful for those NICU folks and the amazing doctors that took care of them. They are a special breed.... I too would love a link to download the film.. He's beautiful! Enjoy every single moment because before you know it, he will be 14!

( November 23, 2013 07:34 pm )
  • Peggy

Just wanted to say I was touched, not only by the beautiful story, but how beautifully it was told as well.

( November 23, 2013 09:59 pm )
  • karen

I just watched your video. It brought back many memories for me. My son was born 12 weeks premature 30 years ago. He had some frightening times in NICU. Ward reminds me so much of my son. He is a fighter. In spite of his tumultuous start, my son grew up to be a healthy young man. He excelled academically in school. He got a degree in fine arts, works in web design and is getting married next summer. You could say preemies need to catch up in some ways, but actually they get an early start! Don’t worry about your little man. He will be fine.

( November 23, 2013 10:28 pm )
  • Carolina

Too beautiful this video, I have no words to express the feelings that brings me, I have three children (1 + twins) and they all were premature, you've caught what words can not express! God bless you and your family!

( November 23, 2013 11:32 pm )
  • Sherrie Graeter

A very amazing, heartwarming and touching video! The struggle was great but the reward was greater...What a beautiful family you have!

( November 23, 2013 11:36 pm )
  • Melissa

I am grateful to have been blessed with a healthy baby boy a little over 3 years ago, but a mother's love is a mother's love and after wiping away the tears and showing the video to my husband, I had to tell you how beautiful and inspiring this video was. You have a beautiful baby boy, may he continue to be blessed with a lifetime of health and happiness. All the best to you and your family!

( November 24, 2013 12:37 am )
  • Loribeth

What a beautiful video, and a very handsome little man you have! Well done.

( November 24, 2013 11:30 am )
  • José Julián Mena Rivera

Quiero felicitarlos, por tan grande bendición. Desde Colombia nuestro abrazo y admiración. Hace 22 días que cumplí el sueño de ser padre, pero detrás de mi alegría está el amor incondicional de una madre. Dios les bendiga. Atentamente, José Julián Mena Rivera

( November 24, 2013 11:33 am )
  • Maria Lopez

Thank you so much for sharing, my daugther was born at 25 weeks, 1 pound, 13 ounces. She was in the NICU for 104 days and today she is 3 years old and a normal baby girl. This video has brought back so many nicu memories. Everyday is a blessing, I'm a proud parent of a NICU grad, because it is a blessing to to be a nicu parent.

( November 24, 2013 05:38 pm )
  • ana

I am affected(touched) my your magnificent Video! Really moved, because I also lived the same thing there is just 18ans. I gave birth prematurely to a girl in 6mois of pregnancy, she(it) was weighed .700grammes. To see again(revise) the video, I saw again myself(revised myself) 18ans behind and I know that you feel every days, but consider I, it is always necessary be positive my daughter has never raised me of problem, she(it) always has was beating, a real Goliath as never, because we always gave him(her) quite love. Today she(it) has just celebrated her(its) 18ans the 23novembre, she(it) is full of enjoyment, pleasant, always healthy, these children have an inconceivable joy of life(living). I am happy to see again(to revise) this video because I have a big regret not to have made him(it) from its birth, we had. Ana

( November 24, 2013 05:55 pm )
  • miguel angel arce calero

Es agradable saber, que la esperanza es lo ultimo que se pierde en momentos difíciles, y mas cuando es madre o padre un oficio tal vez el mas duro y complicado como personas gracias por este vídeo, me reconforta al verlo; y da valor a cualquier madre para seguir luchando.

( November 24, 2013 10:59 pm )
  • Love Bomb

Ahhhhhhhmazzzzzing. Who's cutting onions up in here? This filled my heart with joy and rainbows -- thank you for sharing it. What a fantastic miracle story. So glad it had a happy ending for your family. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving with your little nugget!

( November 25, 2013 11:37 am )
  • Danielle

A beautiful, encouraging story --beautifully told. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. Love and prayers to your family and sweet baby Ward! Love bomb! :)

( November 25, 2013 11:45 am )
  • Kerry :)

SOOOOO much light and love to you and yours... What a beautiful video... what a testament to the will to live.... My (Now 14 year old) was a preemie. I remember being so afraid... I'm still afraid... and so so so grateful for the opportunities I have been given.

( November 25, 2013 11:48 am )
  • melly

laughter through tears is my favorite. the tears started as soon as Lindsay looked up at the camera after getting Ward settled on her chest. pure love. and then as her emotions got the best of her... I could feel her fears, her hopes. it was all so beautiful. even the birthday barf. thank you for sharing. ((((((((LOVEBOMB!)))))))))

( November 25, 2013 11:58 am )
  • Amy

I am moved almost beyond words by the love and strength in this beautiful video. Every blessing to your family, now and always. <3

( November 25, 2013 12:58 pm )
  • Nate

I see so much heartache and so many tough stories in my daily work, and it's so incredibly joyful to be able to see the miracles shine through. What an amazing video, and so much love in your family. Thank you for that, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all. :)

( November 25, 2013 01:11 pm )
  • Lesa

Unbelievably beautiful! Wow. What a powerful video! Your son is a fighter! Thank you for sharing this with the world!

( November 25, 2013 01:55 pm )
  • Catherine

What a beautiful baby, and a beautiful portrayal of frankly heroic strength and love! So inspirational and so lovely of you to share your experiences.

( November 25, 2013 02:15 pm )
  • Lorenzo Díaz "lorenzinho"

It is a very beautiful story. Gratifying to see how a child grows, but in these cases it is doubly rewarding. I speak from experience. The story of our son is very similar to yours. He was born at 33 weeks gestation and weighing 880 grams in La Coruna, Spain. Medical tests they said it was very difficult to survive, and if he succeeded, would probably have serious consequences. They were wrong. They did not know the strength and the will to live of the child and with the desire that took it over from his mother and father. Today our son is almost ten years old, is healthy, is smart, strong, vital and happy with his parents and younger sister. The moments of improvement that have experienced and fill us with pride and satisfaction, as you shall live with the passage of time and development of your child. Congratulations on having a fighter child. And please excuse my bad English

( November 25, 2013 04:38 pm )
  • Mriiam

I stumbled across this in an Australian newspaper. This year our little boy was born at 28 weeks. Thank-you for sharing this video - it so clearly depicts the reality that some of us face in life that we never thought we would and that we never really knew existed. I pray that God would continue to show His mercies to you and your family in the years ahead. 'Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.’ Josh 1 v 9

( November 25, 2013 05:23 pm )
  • Heather

Thank you for this beautiful, beautiful video. So many emotions watching this and remembering our twins' time in the NICU. Although they were born at 32w1d and were basically "feeders and growers," many of the scenes you captured stir many memories of kangaroo care, the incessant tubes and wires, and the longing to take your baby home. Congratulations on your son's good health!

( November 25, 2013 07:16 pm )
  • Jenn

This video was amazing. What a beautiful little boy you have, and a great warrior. I wish you and your family much happiness, love, and health for the future.

( November 25, 2013 08:27 pm )
  • Daniel

Wow.. This video really gave me inspiration.. nothing is impossible if we tray and never loose our faith.. Great job for all the doctors and nurses and everybody who made this happen.. If this happened in my country, Indonesia.. I am not sure the situation would be same.. Best wishes for your family.. GBU all..

( November 25, 2013 10:14 pm )
  • Kristen

Blessings on Ward and your precious family! What a gift to use your talent to share his amazing journey. You have provided hope to so many others and our family wishes you a very happy Thanksgiving. There is so much to be thankful for...God bless!

( November 26, 2013 02:46 am )
  • Samanthasmom

Thank you! It has been 11 yrs this winter that my sweet angel girl arrived at 28 wks, and just around 2 lbs. Watching I felt like I was back at NICU kangarooing and loving my girl to strength and wellness! The care and loving support the NICU provides their little patients and us scared parents is the most wonderful gift. Now my angel is turning 11 almost taller then I am and still skinny as a rail! But with all the love I have in me we made it through the tough times! And she has caught up with all her friends too! Thank you again for sharing this moving story of your lives! I reflect everyday and share in joys of our children!

( November 26, 2013 02:51 am )
  • Natalia Yahn

Your video is so beautiful.I'm from Brazil and I don't write English very well, but I want to write this for you.

( November 26, 2013 03:21 pm )
  • admin

Hi Sheril, Thanks for sharing! Happy to know they are 14 and doing good! Sorry, but I will not allow a download at this time...

( November 26, 2013 10:51 pm )

Thank you Peggy!

( November 26, 2013 10:51 pm )
  • admin

They get a head start indeed! Thats how I looked at it :) Thank you for sharing. Glad your son is well. Congratulate him on his engagement for me!

( November 26, 2013 10:52 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Carolina. It means a lot. God Bless!

( November 26, 2013 10:53 pm )
  • admin

Reward was definitely greater! Thank you Sherrie!

( November 26, 2013 10:53 pm )
  • admin

Melissa, thank you for all your wishes and very kind words. We really appreciate them!

( November 26, 2013 10:54 pm )

Thank you Loribeth!

( November 26, 2013 10:54 pm )
  • admin

Jose, My spanish is rusty. I am assuming you said nice things :) Gracias!

( November 26, 2013 10:55 pm )
  • admin

Lot of babies born at 25 weeks! Thanks for sharing. Happy to be in the same club as you :)

( November 26, 2013 10:55 pm )
  • admin

feliz cumpleaños! Thank you for sharing Ana!

( November 26, 2013 10:57 pm )
  • admin

Gracias por tus palabras tan amables

( November 26, 2013 10:58 pm )
  • admin

Thank you! We will certainly have a Happy Thanksgiving. You do the same!

( November 26, 2013 10:58 pm )

Thank you Danielle!

( November 26, 2013 10:58 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Kerry! I hope your 14 year old is doing well :)

( November 26, 2013 10:59 pm )
  • admin

Thanks for the LoveBomb! I think that is three in a row now haha. I am glad you liked it all... including the barf!

( November 26, 2013 11:00 pm )

Thank you Amy!

( November 26, 2013 11:00 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Nate! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

( November 26, 2013 11:01 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Lesa. Glad you liked it!

( November 26, 2013 11:01 pm )
  • admin

Happy to share! Glad you liked it Catherine!

( November 26, 2013 11:01 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Lorenzo! Your english was great! Happy to know that medical tests are not always right :)

( November 26, 2013 11:02 pm )
  • admin

Thank you for sharing! Love the verse! I hope you and your boy are doing well!!! Give him a hug from Ward!

( November 26, 2013 11:03 pm )
  • admin

Thank You Heather! We sort of miss Kangaroo care now that he is big!

( November 26, 2013 11:05 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Jenn, we really appreciate it!

( November 26, 2013 11:05 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Daniel! I have actually received a message or two from people in Indonesia that were born really early and are perfectly fine today! Glad to know the video inspired you! Keep the faith!!!

( November 26, 2013 11:06 pm )
  • admin

Kristen, It is completely humbling to think about how many people have been affected by this video. So glad that people are receiving hope from it! God Bless!

( November 26, 2013 11:06 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Natalia! Your English was great :)

( November 26, 2013 11:07 pm )
  • admin

Thank you for the kind words Samantha. So happy to know that your daughter is doing well today :) Thanks again for sharing!

( November 26, 2013 11:08 pm )
  • Doreen

Absolutely beautiful video that made me cry. I'm so glad your son got to make it home! My mother-in-law has worked as a nurse on NICU for over 30 years. I know that the three-shift system takes quite a toll on her now at 54, but caring for these premature babies (and their parents) is a passion for her and not simply a job. I admire her greatly and all the nurses and doctors all over the world who fight this battle daily for all our sakes.

( November 27, 2013 01:28 am )
  • walter

muy muy conmovedor, realmente debería ser parte de nuestras vidas y estar presente en nuestro día a día estas imágenes de vida esta enseñanza de lucha de corazón y de amor! dios les bendiga!

( November 27, 2013 08:30 am )
  • Vívian Paiola

Hi Benjamin! I´m from Brazil and I just want you to know how wonderfull is see through your video God´s hands taking care of all! God Bless U

( November 27, 2013 08:41 am )
  • Katrin

my son was born in 2010 with 770 grams in week 24. your video is so amazing! my tears flowed a bit. ;-) I know your distress and joy at the same time. my son too came home with O2 and monitoring after 111 days in hospital. today he is a healthy knave. this time will never be forgotten but this video is a great gift to remember. so much luck too Ward and your family and greetings from Germany!

( November 27, 2013 10:41 am )
  • Annapoorna Prabhu

Dear Benjamin, I have face a similar situation in life. My baby was born 27 weeks premature. He was diagnosed with Chronic Lung disease at the time of birth. Your video reminded me of our days at the hospital and the perils our little ones had to face. I must admit was sobbing uncontrollably. I publish articles at on Digital Journal and thought I should write an article on Ward's initial struggle. Here is a link to the article. Do let me know how you feel about it. http://digitaljournal.com/article/362899 Best Regards, Annapoorna

( November 27, 2013 12:25 pm )
  • Caroline

Thanck you Benjamin for this deeply touching video. What a so courageous little boy and a so beautiful family ! Many thanks for all these moments. I hope to see new pictures of Ward in the future. I send you love from France for you 3.

( November 28, 2013 09:30 am )
  • Marina

I wish you and your wife to be strong and healthy and watch your miracle getting older and older!!! I admire you both for your patience and love!!! I wish the best for your son, to be everything you want him to be!!! Marina from Greece

( November 28, 2013 03:51 pm )
  • Jose

Hi Benjamin, My daughter born prematurely and followed the same steps that your dear Ward, fortunately she is now a 4-year happy kid. Never forget these first months/years, you could cry later like me now watching a tender video that someone created with all his love. I has felt the need of say "thank you" for this. Take care of your little angel. Best wishes from Spain.

( November 28, 2013 04:25 pm )
  • Vivianne

Words are not enough, I saw the love, pain, agony, happiness and more love in this film. A true miracle! Wish you 3 all the best in the world. Greetings from The Netherlands Vivianne Molenaar (=Miller)

( November 29, 2013 02:12 am )
  • flo

helllo i'm french i just want say to the ward's family congratulation i see this video and i cry it's so beautiful to see the fight for the life of your son and the love in your family. I wish you a merry Thanksgiving a merry Christmas and a happy and a beautiful new year for you and your wonderful ward

( November 29, 2013 04:55 am )
  • Stephanie

This is so beautifully done. What camera did you use?

( November 29, 2013 09:49 am )
  • Eva Burchett

I first watched this video while I was sitting in my daughters room in the NICU. Natalie was born 14 weeks premature on October 27, 2013. She was 1 lb 8 oz and 12 inches long. I was so overwhelmed when I watched your wife holding Ward for the first time because it was like watching me hold Natalie for the first time. You feel an immediate happiness and then it really starts to sink in how tiny and fragile they are. This is a beautiful gift to your wife and it gives a lot of people hope. Natalie is doing really well after a scary few days. We are at the beginning of our journey but this video makes me excited to watch Natalie grow. Thanks for sharing and I wish happiness and health to you and your family!

( November 29, 2013 12:15 pm )
  • Johrdelys

Sin palabras, aun estoy llorando - Que Dios los Bendiga enormemente... Desde Venezuela, soy madre de una hermosa beba de 3 meses mi nena nació antes de tiempo y lucho para vivir, es increible el amor no tiene palabras que lo expliquen porque es el amor mas grande puro y sincero... Un fuerte abrazo y Bendiciones...

( November 29, 2013 02:11 pm )
  • Rinku Sharma

I am thankful to petapixel, for providing with this link, so that i was able to watch such an inspirational story. Hats off to you Banjamin Sir and yor wife.

( November 29, 2013 04:32 pm )
  • Ben & Angie

Thanks for making this video guys. My kids were born in neonatal wards and had the support of the amazing team there. The miracle of life is so precious and humbling that we survived to share our story and thank you for sharing yours. A wonderful video and we too thank God for getting Ward to where he is!

( November 30, 2013 05:23 am )
  • Soledad Garcia

¡Maravilloso! Emociona y llega el mensaje de lucha y superación. Un video super bonito, donde la fuerza de la vida arrasa y encuentra su camino en la sonrisa de este precioso bebe. Desde España os deseo unas mágicas navidades con el mejor regalo, vuestro hijo.

( November 30, 2013 11:04 am )
  • Gwenaelle

Thank you for this amazing present and for this message of hope. I'm sure, with this video, you gave a piece of sun for a lot of family, who walk actually, on the same way of you. Take care of you! (sorry for my english, I'm from France).

( December 01, 2013 08:33 pm )
  • Natalia

I've never seen so much love, hope and faith. This video shows how important and precious life is. I wish you much health for your son. Best regards from Poland

( December 04, 2013 01:47 pm )
  • Kelly Bailey

What a moving and beautiful tribute to the two people that obviously mean the most to you in life! I watched the video of Ward's progress from dark and uncertain beginnings, to thriving bouncing baby boy at 4:30 AM this morning after feeding my own four month old son (born 13th July 2013, nearly a year to the day after Ward!) After I had smiled through the copious tears, I went back to my son and gave him extra cuddles and love to show my little man just how special all baby boys are to their mummies and daddies. Thank you so much for sharing this very personal and unique gift with the world; my wonderful husband and I feel incredibly thankful that our own darling son was so healthy when he was born ♥, and glad that your little man is now full of beans and growing up strong and handsome :) Kelly, Scott, and baby James, Southampton, England.

( December 04, 2013 04:12 pm )
  • Christiann

Hello from Adelaide, Australia! Thank you so much for sharing such a painful and beautiful time in your life with us. I'm overjoyed that you got to bring Ward home! What a treasure he is.

( December 04, 2013 11:28 pm )
  • Susan

Thank you for sharing this. I am the Grandmother of 2 NICU underweight granddaughters who arrived needing some extra support for those wet lungs and other issues...and just a bit of feeding to get them up to weight. I think that most people have no clue what heroes lurk in the specialty care wards of hospitals...neo-natology and oncology in particular. I hope you do another video in a few years that documents how he has caught up with his age mates and is thriving. I would love to see him walking and talking.

( December 05, 2013 09:47 am )
  • admin

Hi Doreen! Tell her I said thank you for doing what she does!!!

( December 05, 2013 09:36 pm )
  • admin

Hello Vivian! Thank you! He certainly does take care of us, even if we don't ask for it!

( December 05, 2013 09:37 pm )
  • admin

Glad to hear you saw the video over in Germany! Happy to hear that your son is healthy today. I am sure you are one strong momma!

( December 05, 2013 09:38 pm )
  • admin

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write the article... and also for sharing it with me! I really liked it. Keep up the good work!

( December 05, 2013 09:40 pm )
  • admin

Thanks for the French love :) I will have more pictures for sure... but most will be on my Instagram. Not too many will show up here!

( December 05, 2013 09:41 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Marina! I appreciate all you said! Hope all is well in Greece!

( December 05, 2013 09:41 pm )

Thanks Stephanie! 5D Mark II

( December 05, 2013 09:42 pm )
  • admin

Thank you for all the wishes Fio! I am glad the video touched your heart!

( December 05, 2013 09:42 pm )
  • admin

Jose, thank you for writing. I am glad you found this video... and that it struck a chord with you. Happy to know your daughter is doing well now :) Give her a hug from Ward!

( December 05, 2013 09:43 pm )
  • admin

Hello Vivianne. Thank you for sending the note! Hope all is well in The Netherlands. Love that we share the same last name. The English spelling is a little easier :)

( December 05, 2013 09:45 pm )
  • admin

Eva! Wow... you are right. You are just now getting started! I hope that your journey is a relatively quick one.. and that you guys are home just shortly after the New Year! Give your daughter a kiss from us... and snuggle extra long today! Glad this video gave you some hope! Do check in from time to time and let me know how she is doing!

( December 05, 2013 09:47 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Gwenaelle! Hope all is well in France!

( December 05, 2013 09:48 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Natalia! I really appreciate it!

( December 05, 2013 09:48 pm )
  • admin

Kelly, Thank you for all your kind words. I really appreciate you taking the time to send me this! Happy to hear the video touched your heart... and that you got to steal a little more cuddle time with your little man. I hope all is well in Southhampton. Please give baby James a hug from us! God Bless!

( December 05, 2013 09:51 pm )
  • admin

We are glad we got to bring him home too :) That drive gets old really fast haha. Thank you for writing. Hope all is well on the upside-down part of the world!

( December 05, 2013 09:51 pm )
  • admin

Susan, you said it! There are certainly heros in every NICU. Most of them don't even know how big of heros they are. I will shoot more footage of him for sure. I will try my best to make more videos in the future...

( December 05, 2013 09:53 pm )

Gracias Soledad!

( December 05, 2013 09:53 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Ben and Angie! God was in control from day 1. We just had to have faith that he would get Ward home safely!

( December 05, 2013 09:54 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Rinku! You are the second to mention PetaPixel. I am glad they put it up! I appreciate your kind words!

( December 05, 2013 09:55 pm )

Gracias Johrdelys!

( December 05, 2013 09:55 pm )
  • Rena Michailidou

Your hero and the way you told the story is a rock of power and a diamond full of sunshine for all of us around the world that have experienced the feeling of intensive care. ALL the best for ALL these superheroes :) Greetings from Athens Greece and 5 mo Aris who lived away from family's hug for his first 50 days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n3n2Ox4Yfk

( December 10, 2013 04:45 am )
  • admin

Thank you Rena! So happy to hear that he is a rock for you :) Love the poem... have never heard it! Thanks for sharing that as well. Give Aris a big hug from Ward!

( December 10, 2013 09:18 pm )
  • Crystal

Wow - I came across this and found it to be so incredibly beautiful and touching. The images and music perfectly paired. How strong you both had to be to go through it - initially not even being sure Ward would be coming home at all must have been devastating. But, as I watched the tubes get less and less and him get bigger and bigger, and then his eyes open and be able to take the light..... that was one thing that really filled my heart.... being able to see his eyes. I suppose that is one of the ways we humans connect and I felt like he had really made a giant leap at that point for some reason. Then the whole next phase of his journey after coming home was really cool to watch. You both got to have the more 'normal' baby beginning. I loved the cake spew!!!! And I loved watching him drum using all of his body - his legs to stand and his arms to strike the drum pad. How different from the images of his tiny little arms and legs from the beginning of the video. I wanted to cheer "yeah!" and "go Ward!". And the last scene of him reaching out to Lyndsey in a silhouette was beautiful. You obviously love your family very much and I'm sure they love you. All the best to you for a happy and healthy life. Crystal

( January 14, 2014 08:55 pm )
  • Tara

What a beautiful tribute to your family's journey. Such an overwhelming time, yet it's really a blessing you were able to create this video. One day, Ward will be able to look back and see what he went through (what you ALL went through) and marvel at the miracle he truly is. My second son was premature and your video brought so many memories rushing back. That roller coaster of emotion: the fear, the cautious hope, the despair at setbacks, and the joy mixed with terror when we could finally bring him home. Thank you for reminding me how far we too have come. Congratulations on your wonderful family and enjoy the miracle!

( January 20, 2014 02:49 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Crystal! Your observations are amazing. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice comment :)

( February 01, 2014 09:34 pm )
  • admin

Hi Tara, Thank you for writing me! I really appreciate your kind words. I can't wait until he can see it and truly understand what it means. I hope all is well with you and your family :)

( February 01, 2014 09:35 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Antonella, Very well put :)

( February 01, 2014 09:36 pm )
  • Kim Anderson

Benjamin, I first saw this a few weeks ago. Watched it several times and had my husband watch it too. You captured your family's difficult journey so beautifully. As of this past Friday, my cousin was forced to deliver twins at 24 weeks due to HELLP Syndrome. I attended a memorial service last night for Baby Joseph who passed after 2 days. Baby Barrett, just a little over a pound, had a good day yesterday, but wound up in surgery tonight for a perforation of his intestine. He got through the surgery and is stable. I think I watched this again 5 times tonight as it now hits so close to home. I am so praying Barrett has a story like Ward a year from now. I debated sending it to my cousin and ultimately decided to. I think it evokes such a feeling of hope at such a scary time. Thank you for sharing your family's journey. I hope your son continues to thrive. This video is truly heartwarming. Kim A., Collegeville, PA

( February 14, 2014 01:47 am )
  • Kelly Wroobel

I saw your video on yahoo and it reminded me of when our baby was born at 26 weeks! He weighed 1 lb 7 oz! the doctors told us several times to take him off life support but we refused. After a month we were finally able to hold him for the first time (we thought it would be the one and only time). After almost 11 months he was finally able to go home from the hospital! Now he's 2 and is such a blessing to us! He has gone through 6 intestine surgeries, lazer eye surgery, feeding tube in his belly and has a trach. We are so blessed to have him and can't wait for the day when he will be able to eat by mouth, talk (not just sign) and learn to walk. Thank you for sharing your story!

( February 24, 2014 09:39 pm )
  • Paula

I found a link to your video on FB. Thank you for sharing such special moments from your family. He is a special miracle baby and I am so happy he is doing well. I see you are not only a talented photographer but an equally talented film maker. Much prosperity and love to your family.

( March 02, 2014 08:32 am )
  • Peter

Dear Benjamin, Lyndsey and Ward, By showing the video you show how touching life is and that life is a great gift of God. Our first grandchild was born with 28 weeks and you can see here in this presentation. http://prezi.com/wmk1lhhhf0-h/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share I wish you all a happy and long life. Best regards, Peter Janssens fom The Netherlands, Europe

( March 04, 2014 04:01 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Peter! I will check out the presentation! Best to you and your family in the Netherlands!

( March 08, 2014 12:50 pm )
  • admin

Kelly, I hope that your little boy will be able to talk and walk and eat some day soon! So glad that you have been optimistic, and see him as a blessing :)

( March 08, 2014 12:51 pm )
  • admin

Thank you Paula! He is indeed a miracle. We are doing well... Thanks for the kind words and well wishes! Hope all is well with you!

( March 08, 2014 12:52 pm )
  • Barbara Makri

How beautiful and moving! Thank you! I would like to send this to every doctor that recommends abortion during pregnancy. Nothing is more precious than a child' s smile! Ward is your award of patience, love, care! God bless your family!

( March 27, 2014 07:50 am )
  • betül

hay :) ı'm from turkey. >> in tekirdağ ı'm not speak englısh but I you we they ,,, someone the same emotions. ı'm your happy because your see. ı will be a nurse. For the rest of my life like you'll deal. I hope you'll get better soon. BETÜL EVİM

( March 27, 2014 12:14 pm )
  • EVELYN

hello I love your video and I would like to get in contact with you my friends baby born 2 months and half earlier but shes in critical state ;( can you help us please

( April 21, 2014 05:32 pm )
  • Deb & Dave - minnesota

What a strong and amazing little boy. A truly spectacular story to watch and listen to. The love oozing from this piece is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing it.

( July 28, 2014 06:25 pm )
  • admin

Thanks Deb! He is indeed an amazing little guy :) Great to meet you guys... looking forward to seeing the photos!

( July 28, 2014 09:55 pm )
  • admin

Sorry for the delayed response. I hope all is well with the baby. Feel free to email me if you would like to get in touch!

( July 28, 2014 09:57 pm )
  • Mihaela

Hello, Ward, Ben and Lindsey! I'm the mother of a preemie, as you've probably guessed, and your story touched me deeply and gave me hope and courage. It also made me rememorate my entire experience. I gave birth on June 2013 at 32 weeks of pregnancy to a baby boy of 3,30 lbs. He stood one week in NICU, then three weeks in a special care nursery where I could finally hold him in my arms and cuddle him. Because here in Bucharest, Romania - where we live - hospitals' NICU aren't parent-friendly, you are not allowed to touch your baby, they don't encourage skin-to-skin contact, as I saw in your video. I understand perfectly all you've been through, all the grief and insecurity on Lyndsey's face seem so familiar, I've been there and felt very discouraged and guilty for delivering my baby to the world in such a painful way that made him suffer. But fortunately the hard time passed and now Teo is 15 months old and has 19 lbs. And Ward is a very beautful, healthy and chubby little boy, as I saw in the second video. I've noticed he recuperated his weight in an amazing way, he doesn't seemed to be a former preemie anymore. Teo is also gaining weight, but very slowly and I'm always worried about this. I still breastfeed him and he also drinks two bottles of formula per day. He doesn't walk by himself yet, but I hope he will soon. You are a wonderful family and the battle you fought and won encouraged so many premmie parents, including me. Thank you for that, I wish you all best in the world! PS: If you give me an e-mail address, I could send you a few pictures wih Teo :)

( September 09, 2014 01:23 pm )